Cookies help us provide better user experience. By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies.
2016-07-15 0 comments Web projects

If you are a citizen of the European Union (EU) you don't need a visa to visit Italy, just an identity card.

All foreign citizens (non-EU) wishing to come to Italy, even for professional reasons, need to be able to present regulatory documents at the border indicating the purpose of stay, means of subsistence and accommodation conditions.

Generally, unless exempted, a visa is necessary, which must be requested prior to departure from the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the applicant's country of residence.

How to get a visa ?
You'll need the following documents:

  • Official Invitation Letter from the Social Machinery Film Festival.
  • Schengen short-stay visa request form

How to get an Official Invitation Letter ?

Make a request by sending the filled forms.
After our approval we will send your Official Invitation Letter.

If you need an Official Letter of Invitation please download these following forms:

>>> Form Private

>>> Form Public

Fill the forms and send to the following email:

Once we receive the filled forms we will send you back the requested

Official Invitation Letter.

Make sure you digit the exact first name and last name as printed on your passport, which will then be indicated on the Official Invitation Letter for the Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.

The official procedure often takes a long time and the staff of the film festival is not in a position to speed up the process.

So we recommend that you put your request as early as possible.

The visa is given at the discretion of  Embassy and Consulate.

*This Official Invitation Letter is only valid to make a visa request for your visit to the Social Machinery Film Festival.

The information you send for this letter may be transmitted to other Government Offices.



Joseph Caristena

Art Director Film Festival